Al Joyner Speaker Profile
Olympic Track and Field Gold Medalist
- Track and Field Athletes, Olympic Athletes, Hall of Famer Athletes, Christian Athletes
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- California - CA
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Al Joyner Booking Agent
Al Joyner Biography
Al Joyner was born January 19, 1960 and is an American former athlete, who was Olympic gold medalist in the triple jump.
Joyner was born in East St. Louis, Illinois. He was married to the late Florence Griffith-Joyner, a multiple Olympic medal-winning sprinter. His sister Jackie Joyner-Kersee is also an Olympic gold medalist. Joyner married for a second time on June 28, 2003 to Alisha Biehn.
Joyner competed in the triple jump at Arkansas State University and earned the nickname "Sweetwater".
In 1984, Joyner traveled to Los Angeles for the Summer Olympics to compete in triple jump for the U.S. Olympic track and field team. With a leap of 17.26 m (56'-7.5"), he became the first American in 80 years to win a gold medal in this event. Al was also honored with the 1984 Jim Thorpe Award, given annually to the top American male in the field events.
On August 18, 2000, he joined the UCLA track and field staff to coach the Bruin women's jumps.
Along with his coaching activities, Joyner also directs the Flo Jo Community Empowerment Foundation and Final Kick Marketing Group. He is a member of the Arkansas State (1993), State of Illinois (1997) and State of Arkansas (1999) Sports Halls of Fame.
Al Joyner Hiring and Booking InformationTrack stars are a sure way to speed up your every with excitement, which is why corporations choose to have a track and field star like Al Joyner share their story with a keynote speech and make a special appearance. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Al Joyner speaking engagements, VIP Meet & Greets and corporate appearances. We have years of experience in booking gold medal track and field athletes for endorsement deals, speaking appearances, and autograph signings. Booking a track star like Al Joyner is a very easy process. Our team can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a popular track and field legend to your next corporate event. Allow us to find Al Joyner’s agent to make this appearance the best it can be. A Al Joyner appearance will be sure to add the needed excitement to your upcoming event, rewarding valuable customers, employees and clients. Most likely, track and field fans and corporations can find Al Joyner's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Al Joyner.com.
Videos of Al Joyner Speaking
Recent Al Joyner Blogs
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Al Joyner's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Al Joyner for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Al Joyner for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Al Joyner booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.