Barry Melrose Speaker
Current Commentator and Hockey Analyst for ESPN
- Sports Broadcasters, Hockey Celebrities, Featured Hockey, Top10 Hockey
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Agent to Hire Barry Melrose
Barry Melrose Speaker Profile
Barry Melrose, born July 15, 1956 in Kelvington, Saskatchewanis is a former head coach in the National Hockey League, as well as a former commentator and hockey analyst for ESPN.
During his NHL playing career, he played 300 games, scoring 10 goals, with 23 assists and 728 penalty minutes. He also played in 7 playoff games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, assisting on 2 goals and receiving 38 penalty minutes.
Upon retirement, Melrose immediately began coaching. He coached the 1987-1988 season with the Medicine Hat Tigers of the WHL, leading them to a 44-22-6 record and a Memorial Cup title.
He coached the next season with the Seattle Thunderbirds before jumping to the AHL and coaching the Adirondack Red Wings. He spent three years with the Red Wings, leading them to a Calder Cup win in the 1991-1992 season.
Beginning with the 1992-1993 season, Melrose coached the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, leading them to the 1993 Stanley Cup Finals, which they lost to the Montreal Canadiens in five games. He continued coaching the Kings for two more seasons, finishing both years out of the playoffs and with losing records. He then spent 13 years as a hockey and drum and bugle corps analyst with ESPN.
Melrose currently resides in Glens Falls, New York. He is the cousin of former NHL players Wendel Clark and Joe Kocur.
He has had several minor television and movie roles. Melrose guest starred in a season 5 episode of Spin City, titled "Hey Judith". He appeared in the second Slapshot movie, Slap Shot 2: Breaking the Ice, as well as the movie Mystery, Alaska with Russell Crowe.
Contact Barry Melrose Booking AgentSports broadcasters such as a Barry Melrose have changed the way we watch and listen to the game. The agents at AthletePromotions can assist with booking Barry Melrose speaking engagements, appearances and Meet & Greets from top sports broadcasters. We have years of experience in booking TV’s top broadcasters for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a broadcaster like Barry Melrose is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful football star to your next corporate event. We can find Barry Melrose’s agent to make this booking happen very quickly. A Barry Melrose appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward customers, employees, and clients. Most likely, sports fans and corporations can find Barry Melrose's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Barry Melrose.com.
Videos of Barry Melrose Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Barry Melrose Appearances & Endorsements
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Barry Melrose's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Barry Melrose for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Barry Melrose for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Barry Melrose booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.