Dick Enberg Speaker Profile
- Inspirational Speakers, Football Celebrities, Hall of Famers, TV Personalities, Sports Broadcasting Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- California - CA
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Dick Enberg Booking Agent
Dick Enberg Biography
In early times, his career started already with broadcasting. He voiced the first radio broadcast of the Little 500, the bicycle racing event popularized in the film Breaking Away. He was the play-by-play announcer for Indiana Hoosiers football and basketball games. In 1961 he called his first NCAA basketball tournament event. He became a full-time sportscaster working for KTLA television and KMPC radio. He was named California Sportscaster of the Year four times. He also announced boxing matches at L.A.'s Olympic Auditorium and in 1968 he was recommended by UCLA athletic director to be the national broadcaster for the syndicated TVS Television Network to cover the Game of the Century.
In 1970s, he hosted the television game show Sports Challenge co-produced the Emmy Award-winning sports-history series The Way It Was for PBS. In 1973, he hosted a game show and the next year he hosted the shorter-lived Three for the Money. In 1975, he joined NBC Sports until the next 25 years. He was inducted into Central Michigan University's Athletic Hall of Fame in 1993. He was serving for the CBS Sports in 2000 as a play-by-play announcer for the network's NFL, college basketball, and US Open tennis coverage.
Over the years, he received numerous awards including 13 Sports Emmy Awards, nine National Sportscaster of the Year awards from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association, five Sportscaster of the Year awards from the American Sportscasters Association, the Pete Rozelle Award from the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Curt Gowdy Award from the Basketball Hall of Fame, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He is the only sportscaster to win Emmys in three categories, in broadcasting, writing, and producing. Indiana University awarded him an honorary doctorate of humane letters in 2002.
In 2006 and 2007, he called Thursday night and postseason NFL games for Westwood One radio. He also received an honorary doctorate of humane letters from Marquette University in 2009 and he was hired as a television play-by-play announcer by the San Diego Padres. In 2010, he called his final college basketball game for CBS. He was awarded the Ambassador Award of Excellence by the LA Sports
Dick Enberg Hiring and Booking InformationFootball stars such as a Dick Enberg have taken the game to new heights by excelling at their respective position. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Dick Enberg speaking engagements or appearances from NFL stars. We have years of experience in booking gridiron greats for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a football speaker like Dick Enberg is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful football star to your next corporate event. We can find Dick Enberg’s agent to make this booking happen. A Dick Enberg appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, football fans and corporations can find Dick Enberg's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Dick Enberg.com.
Videos of Dick Enberg Speaking
Recent Dick Enberg Blogs
Posted on 27 May 2014 | 4:10 pm
Hall of Fame and 14-time Emmy Award winning broadcaster Dick Enberg will deliver the keynote address at The Ferris Foundation for Excellence Benefit on Friday, October 24 at DeVos Place in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Enberg is a broadcasting legend, and his presentation will highlight an important night for The Ferris Foundation. "We are very excited to have Dick Enberg, a legendary...[Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Dick Enberg's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Dick Enberg for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Dick Enberg for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Dick Enberg booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.