Doug Flutie Speaker Profile
Former NFL Quarterback Legend
- Football Celebrities, Heisman Trophy Winners, Business Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Doug Flutie Booking Agent
Doug Flutie Biography
Doug Flutie was born October 23, 1962 and is a formerAmerican and Canadian football quarterback. Flutie played college football atBoston College, and played professionally in the National Football League,Canadian Football League, and United States Football League. He first rose toprominence during his career at Boston College, where he received theprestigious Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award in1984. His Hail Mary touchdown pass in a game against Miami on November 23, 1984(dubbed "Hail Flutie") is considered among the greatest moments incollege football and American sports history. Selected as the 285th pick in the11th round by the Los Angeles Rams making him the lowest drafted Heisman Awardwinner among those who were drafted. Flutie played that year for the New JerseyGenerals of the upstart United States Football League. In 1986 he signed withthe NFL's Chicago Bears, and later played for the New England Patriots,becoming their starting quarterback in 1988.
Flutie signed with the BC Lions of the Canadian FootballLeague in 1990, and in 1991, threw for a record 6,619 yards. He played brieflywith his brother Darren, a wide receiver, before being traded to the CalgaryStampeders, whom he led to victory in the 1992 Grey Cup. In 1994, he threw arecord 48 touchdown passes. Flutie played for the Stampeders until 1996, whenhe signed with the Toronto Argonauts, leading them to back-to-back Grey Cupvictories in 1996 and 1997. Flutie was named the CFL's Most Outstanding Playera record six times, and was named the MVP in all three of his Grey Cupvictories.
He returned to the NFL in 1998 with the Buffalo Bills, wherehe earned Pro Bowl and NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors. He played forthe San Diego Chargers from 2001 to 2004, and finished his career as a memberof the New England Patriots in 2005. In 2006, he was ranked #1 in a list of thetop 50 CFL players. He was named to the College Football Hall of Fame andCanada's Sports Hall of Fame in 2007.
He is a former college football analyst for ABC and ESPN. In2009, he joined Versus as a broadcaster for the United Football League. He iscurrently (2011-2012) a college football analyst for NBC Sports.
Doug Flutie Hiring and Booking InformationFootball stars such as a Doug Flutie have taken the game to new heights by excelling at their respective position. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Doug Flutie speaking engagements or appearances from NFL stars. We have years of experience in booking gridiron greats for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a football speaker like Doug Flutie is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful football star to your next corporate event. We can find Doug Flutie’s agent to make this booking happen. A Doug Flutie appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, football fans and corporations can find Doug Flutie's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Doug Flutie.com.
Videos of Doug Flutie Speaking
Recent Doug Flutie Blogs
Posted on 19 January 2015 | 3:17 pm
Doug Flutie was one of the premiere quarterbacks of his time, both at the college and professional level. After earning the Heisman Trophy while playing at Boston College in 1984 he enjoyed a successful 20 year career in the NFL and CFL. He's since become a popular football analyst on ESPN, ABC, and NBC and entertains millions of fans each week with his electric personality and expert...[Read More]
Posted on 23 March 2014 | 3:54 pm
The legendary pass and catch of the century by Doug Flutie still lives on as UPS brilliantly turned the play into a of how their business operates. For those unfamiliar with that memorable moment, On November 23, 1984, Boston College entered the Miami Orange Bowl to face the defending National Champion Miami Hurricanes. It was windy and with gusts up to 30mph, the two teams faced...[Read More]
Posted on 14 October 2013 | 8:16 pm
NFL Pro Bowl quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie has teamed up with NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley in CDW's next iteration of it's "People Who Get IT" campaign. The campaign, which highlights technology solutions that deliver a better experience, improve business performances and boost productivity will air on Oct. 7 during the Monday Night Football broadcast. After...[Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Doug Flutie's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Doug Flutie for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Doug Flutie for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Doug Flutie booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.