Doug Flutie Speaker
Former NFL Quarterback Legend
- Football Celebrities, Heisman Trophy Winners, Business Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Agent to Hire Doug Flutie
Doug Flutie Speaker Profile
Doug Flutie was born October 23, 1962 and is a former American and Canadian football quarterback. Flutie played college football at Boston College, and played professionally in the National Football League, Canadian Football League, and United States Football League. He first rose to prominence during his career at Boston College, where he received the prestigious Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award in 1984. His Hail Mary touchdown pass in a game against Miami on November 23, 1984 (dubbed "Hail Flutie") is considered among the greatest moments in college football and American sports history. Selected as the 285th pick in the 11th round by the Los Angeles Rams making him the lowest drafted Heisman Award winner among those who were drafted. Flutie played that year for the New Jersey Generals of the upstart United States Football League. In 1986 he signed with the NFL's Chicago Bears, and later played for the New England Patriots, becoming their starting quarterback in 1988.
Flutie signed with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League in 1990, and in 1991, threw for a record 6,619 yards. He played briefly with his brother Darren, a wide receiver, before being traded to the Calgary Stampeders, whom he led to victory in the 1992 Grey Cup. In 1994, he threw a record 48 touchdown passes. Flutie played for the Stampeders until 1996, when he signed with the Toronto Argonauts, leading them to back-to-back Grey Cup victories in 1996 and 1997. Flutie was named the CFL's Most Outstanding Player a record six times, and was named the MVP in all three of his Grey Cup victories.
He returned to the NFL in 1998 with the Buffalo Bills, where he earned Pro Bowl and NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors. He played for the San Diego Chargers from 2001 to 2004, and finished his career as a member of the New England Patriots in 2005. In 2006, he was ranked #1 in a list of the top 50 CFL players. He was named to the College Football Hall of Fame and Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in 2007.
He is a former college football analyst for ABC and ESPN. In 2009, he joined Versus as a broadcaster for the United Football League. He is currently (2011-2012) a college football analyst for NBC Sports.
Contact Doug Flutie Booking AgentFootball stars such as a Doug Flutie have taken the game to new heights by excelling at their respective position. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Doug Flutie speaking engagements or appearances from NFL stars. We have years of experience in booking gridiron greats for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a football speaker like Doug Flutie is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful football star to your next corporate event. We can find Doug Flutie’s agent to make this booking happen. A Doug Flutie appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, football fans and corporations can find Doug Flutie's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Doug Flutie.com.
Videos of Doug Flutie Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Doug Flutie Appearances & Endorsements
Posted on 23 March 2014 | 3:54 pm
The legendary pass and catch of the century by Doug Flutie still lives on as UPS brilliantly turned the play into a of how their business operates. For those unfamiliar with that memorable moment, On November 23, 1984, Boston College entered the Miami Orange Bowl to face the defending National Champion Miami Hurricanes. It was windy and with gusts up to 30mph, the two teams faced… [Read More]
Posted on 14 October 2013 | 8:16 pm
NFL Pro Bowl quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie has teamed up with NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley in CDW's next iteration of it's "People Who Get IT" campaign. The campaign, which highlights technology solutions that deliver a better experience, improve business performances and boost productivity will air on Oct. 7 during the Monday Night Football broadcast. After… [Read More]
Posted on 29 January 2013 | 9:08 pm
On Monday night, January 28, former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie returned from the Pro Bowl in Hawaii just in time to play the drums in his band, performing at his own 10th Annual Flutie Bowl. The event in Dedham, Massachusetts served to raise over $60,000 for Flutie's foundation, "Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism." The star-studded event also included New England Patriots… [Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Doug Flutie's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Doug Flutie for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Doug Flutie for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Doug Flutie booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.