Gil Brandt Speaker Profile
Vice President of Player Personnel for the Cowboys
- Football Celebrities, Sports Broadcasting Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Gil Brandt Booking Agent
Gil Brandt Biography
Brandt served as the Cowboys' chief talent scout since the club's birth in 1960. He had served as a part-time scout for the Los Angeles Rams under General Manager Tex Schramm in the 1950s. When Schramm took command of the newly formed Dallas franchise in 1960, Brandt was one of the first people he hired. Schramm, Brandt and Coach Tom Landry formed the triumverate which guided the Cowboys for their first 29 years.
Brandt helped pioneer many of the scouting techniques used by NFL clubs today, such as computer analysis of prospects, converting basketball players and track athletes into football players and finding top free agent rookies, such as Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris, and Everson Walls. Brandt was also one of the first NFL talent scouts to look outside the United States for potential players. For example, he looked to Latin American soccer leagues for kickers.
A native of Milwaukee and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Brandt worked as a baby photographer before his flair of discovering football talent led him into the NFL. Gil Brandt left the Dallas Cowboys after Jerry Jones bought the team. After a few years out of football, he returned as a print analyst and draft expert. Brandt currently contributes to NFL.com as their main personnel guru, offering insight and commentary on all aspects of players and teams. Gil is also a major contributor in selecting the Playboy All -American Football Team along with sports editor Gary Cole. He is a regular on Sirius NFL Radio Network as a commentator on "Late Hits", "The Red Zone", and the "SIRIUS NFL Tailgate Show."
Gil Brandt Hiring and Booking InformationFootball stars such as a Gil Brandt have taken the game to new heights by excelling at their respective position. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Gil Brandt speaking engagements or appearances from NFL stars. We have years of experience in booking gridiron greats for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a football speaker like Gil Brandt is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful football star to your next corporate event. We can find Gil Brandt’s agent to make this booking happen. A Gil Brandt appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, football fans and corporations can find Gil Brandt's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Gil Brandt.com.
Videos of Gil Brandt Speaking
Recent Gil Brandt Blogs
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Gil Brandt's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Gil Brandt for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Gil Brandt for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Gil Brandt booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.