Jim Rice Speaker Profile
Hall of Fame Outfielder for the Boston Red Sox
- Hall of Famer Athletes, Baseball Celebrities, Baseball, Featured Baseball, Top10 Baseball
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Jim Rice Booking Agent
Jim Rice Biography
Jim Rice was born March 8, 1953 and is a former left fielder in Major League Baseball who played for the American League's Boston Red Sox from 1974 to 1989. Rice continued the tradition of his predecessors Carl Yastrzemski and Ted Williams as a power-hitting left fielder who played his entire career for the Red Sox.
Rice was promoted in the Red Sox organization to being a full time player in 1975, after he was AAA's International League Rookie of the Year, Most Valuable Player, and Triple Crown winner in 1974. Before the 1974 season, Rice's 3-run home run was the key blow in helping Pawtucket (International League) defeat Tulsa (American Association) in a 5-2 win in the 1973 Junior World Series. Consequently, he and fellow rookie teammate Fred Lynn were brought up to the Red Sox at the same time, and were known as the "Gold Dust Twins". Rice finished in second place for the 1975 American League's Rookie of the Year honors, and third in the Most Valuable Player voting, after he finished the season with 174 basehits, 102 runs batted in, .309 batting average, and 22 home runs.
In 1978, Rice won the Most Valuable Player award in a campaign where he hit .315 (3rd in the league) and led the league in home runs (46), RBIs (139), hits (213), triples (15) and slugging percentage (.600). He is one of only two American League players ever to lead his league in both triples and home runs in the same season, and he remains the only player ever to lead his league, and Major League Baseball in triples, home runs, and RBIs in the same season. His 406 total bases that year was the most in the A.L. since Joe DiMaggio had 418 in 1937, and it made Rice the first major leaguer with 400 or more total bases since Hank Aaron's 400 in 1959. This feat wasn't repeated again until 1997, when Larry Walker had 409. No American League player has done it since Rice in 1978.
He finished his 16-year career with a .298 batting average, 382 home runs (55th best of all-time), 1451 RBIs (56th), 1249 runs scored, 2452 hits (100th), and 4129 total bases (67th). He was an American League All-Star eight times (1977-1980, 1983-1986). In addition to winning the American League MVP award in 1978, he finished in the top 5 in MVP voting five other times (1975, 1977, 1979, 1983, 1986).
Jim Rice Hiring and Booking InformationPopular baseball players such as a Jim Rice have made the national past time what it is today. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Jim Rice appearances or speaking engagements from current and retired legends. We have years of experience in booking the boys of summer for autograph signings as well as keynote speeches. Booking a baseball speaker like Jim Rice is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful baseball star to your next corporate event. Our team will find Jim Rice’s agent to make this booking happen. A Jim Rice appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, baseball fans and corporations can find Jim Rice's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Jim Rice.com.
Videos of Jim Rice Speaking
Recent Jim Rice Blogs
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Jim Rice's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Jim Rice for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Jim Rice for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Jim Rice booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.