Linda Cohn Speaker Profile
ESPN SportsCenter Anchor
- Host Emcee, Inspirational Speakers, Journalists, Broadcasters, Women's Issues, Top10 Sports Broadcasters
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Linda Cohn Booking Agent
Linda Cohn Biography
Female sportscaster for ESPN's SportsCenter. Linda Cohn was born November 10, 1959. After graduating from Newfield High School, based in Selden on Long Island, Cohn attended SUNY at Oswego. She is remembered by students at Newfield to this day as one of the few notable alumni. Cohn graduated with a bachelors degree in arts and communications from SUNY at Oswego. She was also the goalie for the women's ice hockey team at Oswego and was inducted to the Oswego State athletics hall-of-fame on November 11, 2006.
Cohn returned to the East Coast in 1992, when she was hired by ESPN to work at SportsCenter. She has become a familiar face among SportsCenter viewers ever since, and she is one of a group of women that have worked at the show. She has also been featured in many of the show's comical This is SportsCenter commercials.
In 2005, Cohn signed a contract extension with ESPN, which adds doing play-by-play for WNBA telecasts to her duties.
On June 20, 2008, ESPN announced that Cohn would be a regular anchor for the new morning block of SportsCenter, which launched on August 11. She would have been the co-anchor, alongside Steve Berthiaume, of the first three hours of the block, from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET on weekdays. Several weeks later, though, ESPN announced that the new SportsCenter morning block would be scaled back from nine to six hours, effectively canceling Cohn's section.
Cohn's memoir about her career as a sportscaster and at ESPN, Cohn-Head: A No-holds-barred Account of Breaking into the Boys- Club, was published in September 2008.
Cohn currently resides in Southbury, Connecticut and was married to Stew Kaufman, whom she met while attending Oswego. They had two children. Among the things Cohn writes about in her book is the recent breakup of her marriage. In an interview on WFAN with Mike Francesa, Cohn admitted she occasionally sings backup at REO Speedwagon concerts.
Videos of Linda Cohn Speaking
Recent Linda Cohn Blogs
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Linda Cohn's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Linda Cohn for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Linda Cohn for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Linda Cohn booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.