Mark Messier Speaker Profile
Hall of Fame Hockey Legend with the New York Rangers and Edmonton Oilers
- Hall of Famer Athletes, Hockey Celebrities, Featured Hockey, Top10 Hockey
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Mark Messier Booking Agent
Mark Messier Biography
Mark Messier was born January 18, 1961 and is a former Canadian hockey centre of the National Hockey League and current special assistant to the president and general manager of the New York Rangers. He spent a quarter of a century in the NHL (1979–2004) with the Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers, and Vancouver Canucks. He also played professionally with the World Hockey Association (WHA)'s Indianapolis Racers and Cincinnati Stingers. He was the last former WHA player to be active in professional hockey, and the last active player who had played in the NHL in the 1970s.
Messier is considered one of the greatest NHL players of all time. He is second on the all-time career lists for regular season points (1887), playoff points (295) and regular season games played (1756). He won six Stanley Cups, five with the Oilers and one with the Rangers, and is the only player to captain two different professional teams to championships. His playoff leadership while in New York, which ended a 54-year Stanley Cup drought in 1994, earned him the nickname "The Messiah". He was also known, over the course of his career, as "The Moose" for his aggression and strength. In 2007, he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, in his first year of eligibility.
Messier retired eleven games behind Howe's NHL record 1,767 regular season games played. Messier holds the record for most NHL regular season and playoff season games played at 1,992. Messier is one of a handful of players to have played 25 NHL seasons, doing so over four decades.
On January 12, 2006, during a very emotional ceremony that featured most of the 1994 Stanley Cup team and the Stanley Cup itself, the New York Rangers retired his number 11 in a game against the Edmonton Oilers. During the game, the Rangers defeated the Oilers. His is the 4th number retired by the Rangers. His number was retired by the Edmonton Oilers on February 27, 2007, against the Phoenix Coyotes, coached by former teammate Wayne Gretzky.
Mark Messier Hiring and Booking InformationPopular NHL players such as a Mark Messier have taken the game to new levels. The hockey agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Mark Messier speaking engagements or appearances from the hockey’s best. We have years of experience in booking legends on the ice for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a hockey speaker like Mark Messier is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful hockey star to your next big event. We can find Mark Messier’s agent to make this event the best it can be. A Mark Messier appearance will add excitement to your upcoming event. Most likely, hockey fans and corporations can find Mark Messier's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Mark Messier.com.
Videos of Mark Messier Speaking
Recent Mark Messier Blogs
Posted on 9 June 2014 | 3:39 pm
Canadian hockey star Mark Messier was a star in the NHL for 25 years. Now, in his post NHL career he has stepped into the role as a commercial star, appearing in a new ad for the Can-Am Spyder. In the ad he plays the Guarantor in Chief, and talks about his epic 1994 promise to the world that the New York Rangers would win game six in the Eastern Conference Finals against the New...[Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Mark Messier's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Mark Messier for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Mark Messier for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Mark Messier booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.