Nik Wallenda Speaker Profile
Acrobat, Aerialist, Daredevil and High Wire Artist
- Adventurers & Explorers, Christian Athletes, Hot Sports
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Nik Wallenda Booking Agent
Nik Wallenda Biography
Nik Wallenda was born January 24, 1979 and is an American acrobat, aerialist, daredevil, and high wire artist. Self-described as "The King of the Wire", he is known for his high-wire performances without a safety net. He holds seven Guinness World Records for various acrobatic feats, but is best known as the first person to walk a tightrope stretched directly over Niagara Falls on June 15, 2012; the feat was broadcast internationally. The walk came after a two-year legal battle involving both sides of the Canada-United States border to gain approval. For the walk he was required to wear a safety harness for the first time in his life.
A seventh-generation member of The Flying Wallendas family, Nik Wallenda participated in various circus acts as a child. At age 13, he made his professional tightrope walking debut. He decided on high-wire walking as a career path in 1998, after joining family members in a seven-person pyramid on the wire. In 2001, Wallenda was part of the world's first eight-person high-wire pyramid. From 2002 to 2005, he performed with his family at various venues, forming his own troupe in 2005. During 2007 and 2008, he performed with Bello Nock in a double version of the Wheel of Steel that he helped invent. In 2009, he set new personal bests for highest and longest tightrope walks, completing a total of 15 walks above 100 feet (30 m) in the air during the year.
In 2008, Wallenda set Guinness World Records for longest and highest bicycle ride on a high-wire 250-foot-long (76 m) ride at 135 feet (41 m) above the ground in New Jersey. He nearly doubled the height record in 2010 at 260 feet (79 m). On the same day in 2010, he upped his personal best by tightrope walking over 2,000 feet (610 m) in a single performance. In 2011, Wallenda set a world record by performing on the Wheel of Death atop the 23 story Tropicana Casino and Resort. Later that year, Wallenda and his mother tightrope walked between the two towers of Condado Plaza Hotel in Puerto Rico. The feat was a re-creation of the one that had killed Karl Wallenda, Nik's great-grandfather and primary source of inspiration. On June 10, 2011, Wallenda hung from a helicopter 250 feet (76 m) off the ground using only his teeth to hold on.
A reality show following Wallenda's feats aired on the Science Channel in 2012. In 2013, he released a memoir entitled Balance. On June 23, 2013, he will high-wire walk across the Grand Canyon. He is married with three children, and considers his Christian faith to be a central aspect of his life.
Nik Wallenda Hiring and Booking InformationAdventurers and Explorers such as a Nik Wallenda have climbed the highest mountains, explored into space and went into unchartered territories in their life. Our agents at AthletePromotions can easily assist with Nik Wallenda speaking engagements or appearances from some of our country's biggest risk takers. We have years of experience in booking adventurers for VIP Meet & Greets, and keynote speeches. Hiring an adventurer like Nik Wallenda is an easy process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a explorer to your next big event. We can find Nik Wallenda’s agent to make this event the best it can be. A Nik Wallenda appearance will be sure to add excitement to your upcoming event. Most likely, corporations can find Nik Wallenda's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Nik Wallenda.com. If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring a speaker, athlete or Nik Wallenda for an appearance, autograph signing, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.246.7141 or fill out the booking form below.
Videos of Nik Wallenda Speaking
Recent Nik Wallenda Blogs
Posted on 24 June 2013 | 11:54 am
Daredevil Nik Wallenda completed a historic high-wire walk on a 2-inch (5-cm) steel cable over the Grand Canyon on Sunday and was greeted by wild cheers after his hair-raising stunt. Wallenda, the self-described "King of the High Wire," took 22 minutes and 54 seconds to walk 1,400 feet across the crimson-hued canyon with just a distant ribbon of the Little Colorado River beneath him....[Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Nik Wallenda's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Nik Wallenda for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Nik Wallenda for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Nik Wallenda booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.