Rick Reilly Speaker Profile
- Authors, Golf, Sports Writers, Sports Broadcasting Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- New Jersey - NJ
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Rick Reilly Booking Agent
Rick Reilly Biography
Rick Reilly was born February 3, 1958 in Boulder, Colorado and is an American sportswriter. Long known for being the "back page" columnist for Sports Illustrated, Reilly moved to ESPN on June 1, 2008.
Reilly began his career in 1981 with the Daily Camera in Boulder, Colorado. He spent two years (1983-85) as a football writer on the sports staff of the Los Angeles Times before joining Sports Illustrated in 1985 and contributed a column for Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue. He hosts The Riffs of Reilly on Verizon VCAST and SI.com.
Reilly has become a recognized name in the sportswriting industry because of his human interest pieces in SI. His column on Sports Illustrated's back page was called "The Life of Reilly". He announced in October 2007 that he would leaving Sports Illustrated to work at ESPN. He now writes a weekly column for ESPN The Magazine and ESPN.com, and reports live from sporting events for SportsCenter and other programs on the ESPN family of networks.
Reilly officially left SI during the week of November 29, 2007, after 23 years with the magazine.
He co-wrote Leatherheads, a film starring and directed by George Clooney released in April 2008.
Reilly's style is usually humorous, poking fun at the absurdities of athletes, coaches, and almost anyone involved in sports at any level. Reilly does have a serious side, and has written on many subjects, from small town heroes to his own personal life. Reilly has also done features, notably one about a week spent with Marge Schott that ultimately helped lead to her suspension from baseball. He has said in his columns that he doesn't write about sports, but writes "about people IN sports".
Rick Reilly Hiring and Booking InformationAuthors such as a Rick Reilly have dazzled readers with their creativity, passion, and superb plot. The booking agents at Celebrity Talent Promotions can assist with Rick Reilly speaking engagements or appearances. We have years of experience in booking Authors for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring an Author like Rick Reilly is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful Author to your next corporate event. We can find Rick Reilly’s agent to make this booking happen. A Rick Reilly appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, fans and corporations can find Rick Reilly's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Rick Reilly.com. If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring a speaker, celebrity or Rick Reilly for an appearance, autograph signing, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.246.7141 or fill out the booking form below.
Videos of Rick Reilly Speaking
Recent Rick Reilly Blogs
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Rick Reilly's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Rick Reilly for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Rick Reilly for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Rick Reilly booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.