Shaquille O'Neal Speaker Profile
Retired NBA Legend
- Basketball Celebrities, Sports Broadcasting Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- $100,000 and Up
- Contact Shaquille O'Neal Booking Agent
Shaquille O'Neal Biography
Known by many nicknames throughout his Hall of Fame career, Shaquille O'Neal was born March 6, 1972 and is a former basketball player. Standing 7 ft 1 in tall and weighing 325 pounds , he was one of the heaviest players ever to play in the NBA. Throughout his 19-year career, O'Neal used his size and strength to overpower opponents for points and rebounds.
Following his career at Louisiana State University, O'Neal was drafted by the Orlando Magic with the first overall pick in the 1992 NBA Draft. He quickly became one of the top centers in the league, winning Rookie of the Year in 1992-93 and later leading his team to the 1995 NBA Finals. After four years with the Magic, O'Neal signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers. He won three consecutive championships in 2000, 2001, and 2002. Amid tension between O'Neal and Kobe Bryant, O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat in 2004, and his fourth NBA championship followed in 2006. Midway through the 2007-2008 season he was traded to the Phoenix Suns. After a season-and-a-half with the Suns, O'Neal was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2009-10 season. O'Neal played for the Boston Celtics in the 2010-11 season before retiring.
O'Neal's individual accolades include the 1999-2000 MVP award, the 1992-93 NBA Rookie of the Year award, 15 All-Star game selections, three All-Star Game MVP awards, three Finals MVP awards, two scoring titles, 14 All-NBA team selections, and three NBA All-Defensive Team selections. He is one of only three players to win NBA MVP, All-Star game MVP and Finals MVP awards in the same year (2000); the other players are Willis Reed in 1970 and Michael Jordan in 1996 and 1998. He ranks 5th all-time in points scored, 5th in field goals, 12th in rebounds, and 7th in blocks.
In addition to his basketball career, O'Neal has released four rap albums, with his first, Shaq Diesel, going platinum. He has appeared in numerous films and has starred in his own reality shows, Shaq's Big Challenge and Shaq Vs.. On July 14, 2011, O'Neal announced that he will join Turner Network Television (TNT) as a color commentator on its NBA basketball games.
Shaquille O'Neal Hiring and Booking InformationNBA celebrities such as a Shaquille O'Neal have taken the game to new levels. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Shaquille O'Neal speaking engagements or appearances from the NBA’s elite. We have years of experience in booking legends on the court for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a basketball speaker like Shaquille O'Neal is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful basketball star to your next corporate event. We can find Shaquille O'Neal’s agent to make your event a success. A Shaquille O'Neal appearance will add much excitement to your upcoming event. Most likely, basketball fans and corporations can find Shaquille O'Neal's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Shaquille O'Neal.com.
Videos of Shaquille O'Neal Speaking
Recent Shaquille O'Neal Blogs
Posted on 1 April 2014 | 11:45 am
Four-time NBA Champion Shaquille O'Neal won his first three championships with the Los Angeles Lakers and his fourth as a member of the Miami Heat. Three-time NBA Finals MVP will appear in a superstar line up on Saturday, November 17 for an Autograph Signing Session at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois at the 45th Annual Sports Collectibles Convention. Big...[Read More]
Posted on 1 April 2014 | 11:45 am
This past week, the L.A. Lakers announced that they will retire Shaquille O'Neal's No. 34 jersey at halftime of their April 2 game against the Mavericks. Shaq spent time with six different NBA teams and although his exit from L.A. in 2004 was a little ugly, he did spend eight seasons in a Lakers' jersey, helping to lead them to three NBA championships. In the process he was selected...[Read More]
Shaquille O’Neal and Coach Dale Brown will be Inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame
Posted on 26 March 2014 | 8:14 pm
Former LSU National Player of the Year and All-American Shaquille O'Neal and his coach, Dale Brown, who led LSU to two Final Four and four Southeastern Conference titles in 25 years are part of the 2014 induction class announced Tuesday, March 25, for the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame. O'Neal and Brown are a part of a star-studded Class of 2014 that will be inducted into...[Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Shaquille O'Neal's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Shaquille O'Neal for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Shaquille O'Neal for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Shaquille O'Neal booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.