Steve Largent Speaker
Hall Of Fame Wide Reciever for the Seattle Seahawks
- Football Celebrities, Hall of Famer Athletes, Top10 Christian
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Oklahoma - OK
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Agent to Hire Steve Largent
Steve Largent Speaker Profile
Enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame , Steve Largent was born September 28, 1954 is a retired American football player, and a former U.S. Congressman, having served in the U.S. House of Representatives for Oklahoma from 1994 until 2002. He was defeated in his run for Governor of Oklahoma in 2002 in a three-way race in which he had been considered the frontrunner.
Largent spent thirteen years with the Seahawks, and, while not particularly fast, was extremely sure-handed. He was selected to the NFL Pro Bowl seven times, and was the first Seahawk to earn that honor. In 1982, Largent, along with teammate Jim Zorn, ended his participation in the NFL strike, after the third and final week of the strike, citing religious principles, specifically based on Matthew 5:36-37, stating that "your word is your bond" and that all contracts shall be honored as with God.
When Largent retired, he held all major NFL receiving records, including: most receptions in a career (819), most receiving yards in a career (13,089), and most touchdown receptions (100), although 15 of the catches, 261 of the yards, and 3 of the touchdowns came against replacement players. He was also in possession of a then-record streak of 177 consecutive regular-season games with a reception.
Largent was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1995. In 1999, he was ranked number 46 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, the only Seahawk on the list.
His number (80) was retired in 1992; Largent is the first Seahawk player to be so honored (the team has retired number 12 in honor of the fans, the -twelfth man-, and the number 71 for Offensive Lineman Walter Jones, on December 5, 2010). During Jerry Rice's stint with the Seahawks in 2004, Largent's number 80 was temporarily "unretired" after a conversation between Rice and Largent that was reportedly initiated by then Seahawks president Bob Whitsitt. Largent remains the most prolific receiver in team history. On October 26, 2008 Largent's University of Tulsa number (83) was also retired.
Contact Steve Largent Booking AgentFootball stars such as a Steve Largent have taken the game to new heights by excelling at their respective position. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Steve Largent speaking engagements or appearances from NFL stars. We have years of experience in booking gridiron greats for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a football speaker like Steve Largent is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful football star to your next corporate event. We can find Steve Largent’s agent to make this booking happen. A Steve Largent appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, football fans and corporations can find Steve Largent's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Steve Largent.com.
Videos of Steve Largent Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Steve Largent Appearances & Endorsements
Posted on 12 January 2013 | 5:11 pm
Former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Steve Largent will make an Appearance at the upcoming Houston Collector's Show at Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas. Largent was a seven-time Pro Bowler who spent his entire 14-year NFL career with the Seahawks and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1995. Four years later he was listed at number 46 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest… [Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Steve Largent's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Steve Largent for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Steve Largent for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Steve Largent booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.