Tommy Lasorda Speaker
Hall of Fame Manager for the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Baseball Celebrities, Coaches, Featured Coaches, Top10 Coaches
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- California - CA
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Agent to Hire Tommy Lasorda
Tommy Lasorda Speaker Profile
Tommy Lasorda was born September 22, 1927 and is a former Major League baseball player and manager. 2009 marked his sixth decade in one capacity or another with the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers organization, the longest non-continuous (he played one season with the Kansas City Athletics) tenure anyone has had with the team, edging Dodger broadcaster Vin Scully by a single season. He was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame as a manager in 1997.
His 16 wins in 30 NL Championship games managed were the most of any manager at the time of his retirement. His 61 post-season games managed ranks fourth all-time behind Bobby Cox, Casey Stengel and Joe Torre. He also managed in four All-Star games.
Lasorda managed nine players who won the National League Rookie of the Year award. The winners came in two strings of consecutive players. From 1979 to 1982, he managed Rick Sutcliffe, Steve Howe, Fernando Valenzuela and Steve Sax. From 1992 to 1995, he managed Eric Karros, [[Mike Piazza]], RaÃºl MondesÃ and Hideo Nomo. Before retiring during the 1996 season, he had also managed that year's rookie of the year, Todd Hollandsworth.
He was played by actor Arthur J. Nascarella in the ESPN mini-series The Bronx is Burning.
Contact Tommy Lasorda Booking AgentPopular baseball players such as a Tommy Lasorda have made the national past time what it is today. The booking agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Tommy Lasorda appearances or speaking engagements from current and retired legends. We have years of experience in booking the boys of summer for autograph signings as well as keynote speeches. Booking a baseball speaker like Tommy Lasorda is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful baseball star to your next corporate event. Our team will find Tommy Lasorda’s agent to make this booking happen. A Tommy Lasorda appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, baseball fans and corporations can find Tommy Lasorda's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Tommy Lasorda.com.
Videos of Tommy Lasorda Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Tommy Lasorda Appearances & Endorsements
Posted on 2 June 2013 | 3:47 pm
Hall of Fame former manager and Dodgers senior adviser Tommy Lasorda was the guest speaker at the University of La Verne's Business and Public Management commencement ceremony Saturday at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario. Before the VIP reception, Lasorda greeted and took pictures with university staff, board members and other community dignitaries. Lasorda gave a rousing… [Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Tommy Lasorda's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Tommy Lasorda for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Tommy Lasorda for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Tommy Lasorda booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.