Wayne Gretzky Speaker Profile
NHL's All Time Leading Scorer
- Featured Sports Speakers, Featured Celebrities, Hockey Celebrities, Hall of Famers, Top10 Sports
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Contact Wayne Gretzky Booking Agent
Wayne Gretzky Biography
Wayne Gretzky was born January 26, 1961 and is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player and former head coach. He played 20 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for four teams from 1979 to 1999. Nicknamed "The Great One", he has been called "the greatest hockey player ever" by many sportswriters, players, and the NHL itself. He is the leading point-scorer in NHL history, with more assists than any other player has points, and is the only NHL player to total over 200 points in one season – a feat he accomplished four times. In addition, he tallied over 100 points in 16 professional seasons, 14 of them consecutive. At the time of his retirement in 1999, he held 40 regular-season records, 15 playoff records, and six All-Star records. In addition to being its greatest scorer, Gretzky was the most gentlemanly superstar in the modern history of the NHL. He won the Lady Byng Trophy for sportsmanship and performance five times, and he often spoke out against fighting in hockey.
Born and raised in Brantford, Ontario, Gretzky honed his skills at a backyard rink and regularly played minor hockey at a level far above his peers. Despite his unimpressive stature, strength and speed, Gretzky's intelligence and reading of the game were unrivaled. He was adept at dodging checks from opposing players, and he could consistently anticipate where the puck was going to be and execute the right move at the right time. Gretzky also became known for setting up behind his opponent's net, an area that was nicknamed "Gretzky's office" because of his adept skills in that area.
In 1978, he signed with the Indianapolis Racers of the World Hockey Association (WHA), where he briefly played before being traded to the Edmonton Oilers. When the WHA folded, the Oilers joined the NHL, where he established many scoring records and led his team to four Stanley Cup championships. His trade to the Los Angeles Kings on August 9, 1988, had an immediate impact on the team's performance, eventually leading them to the 1993 Stanley Cup Finals, and he is credited with popularizing hockey in California. Gretzky played briefly for the ++St. Louis Blues before finishing his career with the New York Rangers++. Gretzky captured nine Hart Trophies as the most valuable player, ten Art Ross Trophies for most points in a season, five Lady Byng Trophies, five Lester B. Pearson Awards, and two Conn Smythe Trophies as playoff MVP.
After his retirement in 1999, he was immediately inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, making him the most recent player to have the waiting period waived. The NHL retired his jersey number 99 league-wide, making him the only player to receive this honour. He was one of six players voted to the International Ice Hockey Federation's (IIHF) Centennial All-Star Team. Gretzky became executive director for the Canadian national men's hockey team during the 2002 Winter Olympics, in which the team won a gold medal. In 2000, he became part owner of the Phoenix Coyotes, and following the 2004–05 NHL lockout he became the team's head coach. In September 2009, following the franchise's bankruptcy, Gretzky resigned as coach and relinquished his ownership share.
Wayne Gretzky Hiring and Booking InformationPopular NHL players such as a Wayne Gretzky have taken the game to new levels. The hockey agents at AthletePromotions can assist with Wayne Gretzky speaking engagements or appearances from the hockey’s best. We have years of experience in booking legends on the ice for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring a hockey speaker like Wayne Gretzky is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful hockey star to your next big event. We can find Wayne Gretzky’s agent to make this event the best it can be. A Wayne Gretzky appearance will add excitement to your upcoming event. Most likely, hockey fans and corporations can find Wayne Gretzky's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Wayne Gretzky.com.
Videos of Wayne Gretzky Speaking
Recent Wayne Gretzky Blogs
Posted on 8 March 2016 | 5:44 pm
This upcoming October, the Winnipeg Jets will host the Edmonton Oilers at the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic and NHL great Wayne Gretzky will play for the Oilers in the annual alumni game. Tickets and other broadcasting information will be released at a later date. The Ontario, Canada native, Wayne Gretzky moved with his family to Brantford mainly because the location had a...[Read More]
- AthletePromotions acts only as an athlete broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. Athlete Promotions does not claim or represent itself as Wayne Gretzky's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. Athlete Promotions is a celebrity booking agency representing organizations and groups seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, athlete endorsements, personal athlete appearances, spokesperson campaigns and speaking engagements. We are often asked how we can book Wayne Gretzky for an event? Our celebrity booking agency can hire Wayne Gretzky for celebrity golf tournaments, tradeshows, conventions, store grand openings, VIP meet and greets, licensing deals, print advertising and television commercials. Wayne Gretzky booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed. Some parts of the athlete's biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.